Tug McGraw

Born Today
Home/Tug McGraw
Tug McGraw
Tug McGraw
Worked like:
Born:
August 30, 1944
Died:
January 05, 2004
Age:
59
Birth Name:
Frank Edwin McGraw Jr.
Country:
Position in rating:
Some Facts
Children: Matthew by ex-wife Diane and two step sons Christopher and Ian with Diane; Mark McGraw and Cari Lynn by ex-wife Phyllis. McGraw was not married to Phyllis when he met Elizabeth d'Agostino; their son, Tim McGraw, was 11 when he learned of his paternity. McGraw knew of the possibility of Tim at the time, but refused to fully acknowledge the boy and wasn't interested in being a part of his life. The two eventually became close, and Tim took the surname McGraw.
Distant cousin of Lori Moegling.
He got his nickname "Tug" by his mother because of the particularly aggressive way he breast-fed.
Inducted into the [New York] Mets Hall of Fame in 1993.
Could also throw right handed. Would often loosen up before ballgames by playing right handed catch with his teammates, making fans wonder who that righthander wearing number 45 was.
Personal Quotes
When asked if he liked the artificial grass in the Houston Astrodome. "I don't know, I never smoked the stuff."
Share this
When asked what he will do with his share of the World Series money "I'm going to spend 90% of it on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other 10% I'm going to waste."
Share this
"Ten million years from now, when the sun burns out and the earth is just a frozen snowball hurling through space, nobody's going to care whether or not I got this guy out." (On the Mets losing the 1973 World Series to the Oakland A's; This became one of his famous quotes, known as the Frozen Snowball Theory)
Share this
Celebs News
Hayden Panettiere may helped in Heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko's sizzling ratings
  Hayden Leslie Panettiere or Hayden Panettiere is an American actress, singer, model, and activist. She gained recognition for her performances in NBC series Heroes as cheerleader Claire Bennet. Hayden Panettiere also portrayed the role of Juliette Barnes in... Read More
Dakota Johnson gains fame for her role in Fifty Shades Of Grey
  Dakota Johnson is a household name now that Fifty Shades of Grey has released. She starred in the movie opposite Jamie Dornan directed by Sam Taylor Johnson. She appeared as Anastasia Steele, who is a submissive to billionaire... Read More
Bryan Cranston Has Huge Success In Television Shows
  Bryan Cranston, is an American actor, voice over artist, producer, screenwriter. His breakthrough role was as Walter White in the smash hit AMC crime drama Breakin Bad. His other famous television roles are Hal in the hit show... Read More
Born in 1944
Robert Crosby
Robert Crosby
April 17, 1944
Cyd Hayman
Cyd Hayman
May 01, 1944
Phyllis Applegate
Phyllis Applegate
May 08, 1944